George Michael To Sue ‘Everyone’ Over Gay Hedge Fumble

This hasn't really been George Michael's week; a few photos of him emerging froma bush after apparently doing something gay with a van driver have spiraled out of control and - boy oh boy - is George Michael ever angry.

It's hard to imagine George Michael angry, since most of his songs show roughly the same amount of emotion as a shop dummy with intimacy issues, but all this talk of his gay cruising seems to have sent him over the edge. George Michael has sensed that phoning up Richard And Judy for a bit of a whinge hasn't really done the job, so he's launched an angry attack on the media during an interview with ITV news where he threatens to sue "pretty much everybody," which probably includes you for reading this with your eyes right now.

George Michael has had his fair share of problems in the past few months. Falling asleep in his car with a bunch of drugs on him was one of them, and crashing into a load of cars before driving off was another, but they've been completely overshadowed by the news that George Michael saunters down to Hampstead Heath now and then to feel up men in some shrubbery. That's not really news - George Michael has been open about doing that in the past - but the reports that George's boyfriend Kenny Goss had called off their forthcoming wedding because of his public indiscretion have made George Michael get his knickers in a twist.

First George Michael called Richard And Judy to tell them the wedding was still on, and reaffirm that he wasn't ashamed about gay cruising, but now he's decided to put his case to people who aren't students or unemployed, and has given an interview with Nina Hossain from ITV News to tell the world exactly how he feels:

"I have been doing this on and off since I was a teenager and never once seen violence. If I want to see violence or what I call shameful behaviour, the idea that women that in clubs these days have to hold their hand over their drink for fear of being drugged… Please don't tell me as a member of the straight community that I am taking risks. I know what I do and I am sorry but we should not be taking questions like this, from straight women in particular."

And, speaking about his future, George Michael told Hossain that:

"When media starts to put slurs on my relationship and indicate that my partner - who is perfectly happy with the way I live my life and the way we live our life together - that my partner is calling off our registered partnership and that I am having to buy him back with money: these kind of things are just unacceptable to me. I am really just here to say I have had enough really and I am going to have to take legal action against pretty much everybody involved."

Yeek! At this point, we were planning on saying something snippy about leaving George Michael alone so much that you all stopped buying his singles, but it looks like you've been doing that for eight years anyway. Still, there's always the haikus.

No comments:

Post a Comment