Written by Lisa Cholodenko, Stuart Blumberg
Starring Annette Bening, Julianne Moore, Mark Ruffalo, Mia Wasikowska, Josh Hutcherson
Music by Carter Burwell, Nathan Larson, Craig Wedren
Cinematography Igor Jadue-Lillo
Editing by Jeffrey M. Werner
Distributed by Focus Features
Release date(s) July 30, 2010 (2010-07-30)
Running time 106 minutes
Country United States
Budget $4 million
Gross revenue $29,365,490
|Mark Ruffalo & Mia Wasikowska|
- Annette Bening as Dr. Nicole 'Nic' Allgood, an OB/GYN specialist. She is hurt when the children decide to bring Paul into their lives, and worried that he will disrupt the family dynamic; she is Joni's biological mother.
- Julianne Moore as Jules Allgood, who has never had a career but is interested in starting a landscape design business; she is Laser's biological mother
- Mark Ruffalo as Paul Hatfield, the owner of a organic foods restaurant who likes women, but also likes his freedom. He was the anonymous sperm donor for both children.
- Mia Wasikowska as Joni Allgood, who has recently turned 18 and is set to leave for college.
- Josh Hutcherson as Laser Allgood, the 15-year-old son who asks Joni to help him meet their biological father.
- Yaya DaCosta as Tanya, a friend and occasional lover of Paul's.
- Eddie Hassell as Clay, a friend of Laser; Nic and Jules think he's unstable.
- Zosia Mamet as Sasha, a friend of Joni.
- Kunal Sharma as Jai, a friend of Joni.